Donald Ball wrote:

> On 9/4/2002 at 9:47 PM Ted Husted wrote:
>

>>As alluded, the stxx extension does a nice job of this by integrating
>>with Struts. Though, I'd say the idea of a completely seperate servlet
>>(a la Velocity) sounds cleaner.
>>

> Why do you think this to be the case? If you do think that xml/xslt is the
> winner in the long run (as do I, but I'm hardly unbiased in that regard
> ;)), why aren't you instead looking to instead something like stxx into
> struts, and to provide something like the html taglib (_the_ reason for
> many people to use struts) in xslt?

I very much like the way the Velocity Tools for Struts drop in where we
are now using JSPs. Also, if can live outside the framework (like the
Valdaitor and Tiles can) it may be easier to test.

As for the rest of it, I'm really a controller/model guy and try to get
other people to work on the presentation when I can.

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
co-author, Java Web Development with Struts