From: Chappell, Simon P [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 1:38 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: [OT] Text editor usage (was RE: [OT]: What is vim?)

Actually, my primary point was text editor usage and programmer ability.

It is my personal observation that the better programmers use text editors.
(vi or emacs or jedit or vim ... I don't care ... that's not the argument
here). I'm not quite saying that IDEs are bad, although I'm certainly tempted
to say that some days, but programmers who CAN program with text editors and
command-line tools are orders of magnitude better than those who can't. You
are more than welcome to tell me that you believe this is not so, but I have
observed it enough that, to me, it is a truism.

Simon