Just curious but did you find the transition from Econs to comp sc difficult ? Cause I might do the reverse, comp science to Econs !

Mine for example is in a different discipline completely (Economics) though
having graduated from that I went straight on to do a grad diploma in
computing so I could actually do something that would get me a job - buts
its been the degree thats counted for more in various applications (jobs,
visas etc...) despite being quite irrelevant to my work.