From: Sakhare, Shirishchandra
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 4:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Web sphere and productivity

Hi,
We are using WSAD 4.0 for last one year in our project and I will not recommend you
shifting from Eclipse to WSAD atleast for development..

We have a team of 7 java developers and even though WSAD Studio is the official IDE
for the project, 7 of us are using Eclipse and tomcat  with plugins for
development.Only our team leader is using WSAD as we have on deploy on WSAD...

It is to slow and takes too much of memory(We used to have 512 MB ram..But that was
not at all good with wsad 4.0 So w upgraded to 1 GB ram..But still it is slow..)And if
u run the server in Debug mode or so , it is too too slow....And i think, during
development , what u will be doing is starting and stopping the server frequently and
debugging the application most of the time..So I will Strngly advice u that it will
not at all improve productivity...

I am not sure why it was choosen as deployment platform for our project and I am not
an expert on Security issues etc..So I cant commnet if WSAD is good for deployment.

BUT as for development , I can tell you from our experience that It is very very
slow.They have improved the performance marginally with release 5.0 but still its no
match for Eclipse...

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shirish