This is exactly what happens as the JCP standardizes things, like with JSTL and JSF.
But diversity is good to bring out the qualities of competing implementations until
there is a clear winner. So perhaps we will see more functionality of the frameworks
standardized in the future. But I am not knowledgeable enough to say what is ready to
be standardized and what is not. Craig is probably best to speak to this.

Derek Richardson