I think Struts need to be improved before put it into standard. Personally I do not like Struts controller portion – too primitive for me.

        Igor Shabalov.
        http://www.exadel.com
http://www.exadel.com/products_strutsstudio.htm

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:06:01 -0500, Vic Cekvenich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think a JCP for MVC,
or even including Struts 1.1 in J2EE 1.4 JARs is a good idea.

It's a proven best practice and most popular frame work. It does not help Struts, it help those who are not using Struts yet.

.V

Mete Kural wrote:
Though, tight now, all the frameworks are still short of the mark, and we all have much to learn from each other. The best is yet to come.

With all that we have learned about web frameworks while developing and using frameworks like Struts, Maverick, Expresso, Turbine, SunONE, WebWork, and all the others, do you think that soon we will have known enough to be able to have a framework standardized by the JCP? Or do you think that we have to wait and see for a couple of years which direction new specifications like JavaServer Faces and Portlet Specification take us before an attempt to standardize web frameworks through the JCP is made?

-Mete

From: Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:  Fri, 04 Apr 2003 07:56:30 -0500

One of the best things about the Java platform is that it's still a marketplace of ideas. Sun has provided us with a very useful and reliable servlet framework, and we can all develop various application frameworks over that. Struts, Maverick, JPublish, and the others all have their own strengths and weaknesses. Though, tight now, all the frameworks are still short of the mark, and we all have much to learn

from each other. The best is yet to come.

-Ted.

-- Ted Husted,

-- Igor Shabalov Director of Engineering Exadel Inc. http://www.exadel.com