Greetings,
Before I go charging off and make a stack of custom tags, I thought I would post to the group to make sure I am heading in the right direction.

We are devloping an applicaton and we have created the business logic that is able to fit a number of UI (web, Local application etc). A number of our classes have methods that are not bean compliant (addCategory for example). Many of the functions also return objects and datastructures like linked lists and hash maps. As I understand it struts is happy to use beans, but if I am using an object and make a method call that is not bean compliant I am going to have to create my own tag library to deal with this.

For example, I have a bean function that returns a linked hash map, in order for me to itterate through this and display an output I will need to create my own tag library right?

Any advice appreciated.

Regards
Ben Stewart