The zero argument and serializable requirements are for there for persisting
and re-instantiating beans. I guess without the zero arg constructor it's
not *technically* a bean but I won't tell if you don't ;-)

As long as you follow the bean naming conventions for setters & getters
you'll be OK.

Steve