From: Benjamin Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: June 29, 2003 5:23 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Sturts - Custom Tags and limitations

In order to make our classes bean compliant we would have to change our constructors so they dont take parameters right ?? That is a pretty severe limitation, or are you saying just make your method calls bean compliant? Ben

Steve Raeburn wrote:

Struts (and JSTL) will be happy with a LinkedHashMap as it is a member of
the Collection class hierarchy.

I would not recommend with custom tags unless you need custom

functionality.

If you really can't change the existing method names you should consider
adding additional methods that are bean compliant (they can just

delegate to

the existing methods). You should consider deprecating the old methods so
they could be removed in future.

If you can't touch the existing classes at all (why?), think about using
adaptor classes.

Steve