> The fact is that the Servlet spec does not provide equivalent features to
> Struts.  Struts wouldn't exist if the Servlet spec already had everything
> web developers needed.

Ok, so Struts started with providing ActionServlet which forwards requests
to handlers (Actions) based on its configuration file and the URL.  But the
container already forwarded requests to handlers (Servlets) basd on its
configuration file and the URL.  That's what I'm struggling with.  It seems
like the container,was lets say, 70% of the way there.  A lot of
functionality that Struts provide can be separate from its controller
pieces.  I guess we all think of a Servlet as an application entry point
rather than just a handler equivalent to a Struts Action.  I'm wondering why
can't or shouldn't we think of the Servlet as an Action (with understanding
that some utilities like form population, etc would need to be added there).

ranko

=== message truncated ===