On Monday, Jul 21, 2003, at 12:10 US/Pacific, Ranko Bijelonic wrote:

You could certainly code each Action as a Servlet but it would take more
work.

I'm not sure exactely how it would take more work (provided there were Struts like utils writen one time).

I kind of read this as, ``Writing web actions without struts isn't any more work than doing it with struts as long as you write something that provides what struts provides.''

While writing that framework is a one-time task, it becomes a 0-time task with struts, and you've got lots of people helping you find bugs and implement new features.

Many people who understand struts find it a lot easier to develop web applications with struts than without. Many developers understand struts, so it's easy to find people to help you with your application. If you think struts is unnecessary because it's too easy to do something similar in house, I'd recommend rereading that last sentence.

--
Dustin Sallings