>>Jing Zhou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A similar question about your web application:
> Assuming all pages are set to no-cached,
> does it allow end users to continue the application flow after
> the "Page has Expired ..." feedback?

What do the users do when they get a 'Page Expired' notice? They either go back another page (& presumably get the same thing again) or they go forward to where they came from (OK, no problem) or they click on bookmark to get back to the start. What do you find problematic?

> Mike Kienenberger wrote:
In my opinion (in the short period of time I've been using Struts), backtracking strategy management isn't easily accomplished in Struts. In WebObjects, there's a page-state-caching mechanism to deal with this kind of problem, and I suspect before I get too far along, I'll end up porting it over in some form to get my production application working under Struts.

I still don't understand what is bugging you guys about backtracking....

I just stop it dead with transaction tokens, if for some reason it isn't killed by the 'page expired' technique.

On 09/04/2003 05:17 PM Andrew Hill wrote:
Hehe, all I can say is that in this regard my web browser (IE) is about as
succesful as a three legged dog with a broken foot trying to cross the Pan
Island Expressway in rush hour....

was that the one you ran over last night Andrew? -- struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2 Linux 2.4.20 RH9