Again, thanks to all who responded.  Your replies are very helpful.

As someone pointed out, there are hacks in MS Word and other commercial
products, so even commercial companies are not immune from hacks.

In this case however, MS can have a lawsuit brought against them if
damage is done.  How do I argue the issue that we can't do the same with
OSS with my management?

[Yes, I know this is getting a little off topic, so feel free to shut it
down when it goes too far.]

Thanks!

/greg

--