Well I would say that software the passed QA containing malicious code was
faulty!

My point was that your company should trust you to judge the quality of the
code you're working with - wherever it comes from - and that you should have
a reasonably high degree of confidence in Struts code because:

1) You can review the code yourself.
2) Thousands of other developers also review the changes.
3) The committers review changes.
4) Only a small number of people actually have commit access.

Good luck with your project!

Steve