Then go for websphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) ..half of your problem will
be solved ....

-----Original Message-----
From: Duraid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 5:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: asp.net developer roadmap

Hi, Im an ASP.NET developer and i decided to using JSP. The problem is
that there are many names jumping in my head: JSP..Jakarta, Tomcat,
Struts, Velocity..Webshere.. J2EE..etc. I don't know where to start:
should i learn JSP first, what technologies should i use? i mean with
ASP.NET it's much easier, you get VS.NET and start working, not the case
with JSP. Please help me to develop a road map for starting to develop
web application using JSP, here is what im looking for:

1- Using open source tools where ever possible because the reason im
switching from .NET is that it doesn't make sense to use expensive
technology when you can do the same with free tools.

2- I'm an IDE guy so i prefer to have all the tools in one place than
using switching between different ones bach and forth.

3- i like reading books more than  reading howto's.

that's it!! Can you please tell me where to start and how to go?

*----------
This message and any attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s)
and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the
intended addressee(s), you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, disclosure
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachment(s)
and notify the sender or Kanbay postmaster immediately.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not of
Kanbay.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachment(s) are free
from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient
should ensure they are actually virus free.