In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> You could do that... or you could do it the J2EE way, decleratively
> without any coding, letting container do it that way:

Thanks for the reply Vic.  I can see how that would be the way to go if
I were starting from scratch.  Unfortunately, I am using a framework
that has its own repository for users/roles and I don't think I will be
able to coerce it into operating within the J2EE Realm/LoginConfig
model.

Assuming that I have to build my own infrastructure to handle this, do
you have any more thoughts?  I already have code that recognizes the
user isn't logged on and redirects them to logon... I am just missing
the step that sends back to where they were originally going.

Thanks again for the feedback.

--
Craig Edwards
Sydney, Australia