How about putting some log statements around the code which sets the request
attribute?  That'll assure you that the code is getting executed, and that
the data you're putting there actually has values in them.

Have you tried re-requesting home.do after a successful login?  Does the data
show then?  Also, have you considered redirecting to home.do instead of
chaining the two actions?  There were a lot of discussion about the problems
with chaining actions sometime last year, but I wasn't around for most of it.

Hubert