Gopalakrishnan, Jayesh wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Just to understand your page flow....
>
> The first request goes to /home.do, which puts "junkbean"
> into the request scope, forwards to index.jsp.
> On submit of the form on index.jsp, /login.do is invoked
> which then forwards to /home.do.
>
> Is this understanding correct..?

Yes, that's exactly how I have it setup.

> Which action/page gives you "Cannot find bean junkbean in any scope"?

This happens when I forward back to /home.do after the trip to
/login.do.  I know that the bean has data during the first load of
/home.do, which is what I want.  Then I submit to /login.do (bean no
longer present, of course), and then I forward back to /home.do.  When
I forward to /home.do that second time, I expect the bean to be filled
with data once again because I have /home.do mapped to an action which
puts data in the bean, then puts the bean back in at request scope.
The thing I am confused with is that the bean *isn't* being populated
with data when it seems to me that it should be.

Andy