The key here is NOT which ACTION but which SCOPE.

At 03:44 PM 3/4/2004, you wrote:
Randy Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ... Your first request scope ends once index.jsp loads; if you want
> to use the junkbean again after that, you have to save it again,
> either in the new request or in the session (or possibly other
> places, but those are the 2 most obvious).

Right -- I am putting it in the request scope in the second action,
which is what LogonAction forwards to after it's finished.

> So LogonAction would only be able to get junkbean from the request if > index.jsp put it there (again).

LogonAction doesn't need junkbean.  It only needs to forward to
IndexAction, which it is doing.  But when I get to IndexAction (which
loads index.jsp), it doesn't seem to be populating the bean with data
for index.jsp to access, hence the problem.  It seems to me that it
should, hence my initial question.

Thanks, Andy