Andy,

Just to understand your page flow....

The first request goes to /home.do, which puts "junkbean"
into the request scope, forwards to index.jsp.
On submit of the form on index.jsp, /login.do is invoked
which then forwards to /home.do.

Is this understanding correct..?

Which action/page gives you "Cannot find bean junkbean in any scope" ?

-jayash

Andy Wrote:
1. IndexAction (mapped to /home.do) puts data into the bean:

        List users = service.viewAllPeople(birForm);
        request.setAttribute("junkbean", users);

    ...and then returns index.jsp:

        <forward name="continue" path="/WEB-INF/pages/index.jsp"/>

2. Within this index.jsp is a form, which is submitted to LoginAction.

3. When I submit the form to LoginAction and LoginAction is finished,
then I want to return the /home.do mapping, or display the index.jsp
screen again:

        <action
            path="/login"
            type="com.andyengle.actions.LogonAction"
            name="logonForm"
            scope="request"
            input="/WEB-INF/pages/index.jsp">
          <forward name="continue" path="/home.do"/>
        </action>

4. When I do this, I get the following error:

    Cannot find bean junkbean in any scope