On 09/02/2022 01:26, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
Well, maybe not. The options are "anyone can edit a wiki page" (sorry, been there, done that, HECK NO), or "the same group of users that can edit the wiki also have push access to the repo" (sorry, that's an idiotic equivalency). So I'm afraid the access control for wikis on GitHub is just not at the level that I'd need to be comfortable with this.
Don't know if it affects your thinking, but "anyone" in this case means "anyone with a github account". Github have some pretty aggressive spambots that police accounts, so it's not /quite/ like letting the kiddies in with their crayons.

Anyway, perhaps crowd-sourcing support is not the right way to go. The user community is pretty small, after all, and may not be able to contribute at a high enough level. For most people Subsurface "just works", and if it doesn't, they wander off.

C.