This looks good to me and easy to edit (the accordion wasn’t bad but this is easier), I like the ability to deep-link, that is valuable.

I can spend some time on this over the weekend to bring some entries from the old FAQ over into this one, I don’t think I’ll do everything in the old FAQ but maybe just the ones I’ve seen coming up on the mailing list. If this just leaves a couple though then I may as well add them in too.

Jason

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Dirk Hohndel via subsurface
Sent: 16 February 2022 19:18
To: subsurface mailinglist
Subject: Re: restarting our FAQ

I spent more time thinking about this. I played with the wiki and it's just not a great experience, and a PITA to maintain.

Frankly, I don't expect a lot of "random user" content.

So I redid the FAQ as a simple .MD file without the accordion.

This seems much easier to edit, much more logical.

It gives us nice easy to use anchors that allows us to point a user directly to an answer:

You have problems downloading from an older style dive computer... maybe your battery?

https://subsurface.github.io/faq/#i-get-timeouts-or-data-error-when-downloading

And the best part? Since this is a separate repository, I can now give commit rights to the people who really want to work on this, e.g. Jason, or you, and you can literally edit this in your browser:

https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface.github.io/edit/master/faq.MD

when done, you create a commit message and save it. If it's completely wrong and breaks stuff, we can easily revert changes. Etc.

This does seem like a pretty decent way of doing things.

As always, I am open to other suggestions and to rebuttals on why I'm wrong :)

/D