Polyconvert can work without without a  net-xml file and generates
geo-coded shapes which can be put into any geo-referenced network.
One approach might be to use those imported polygons to generate additional
netconvert input that sets the walkingarea shapes:
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Networks/PlainXML.html#walking_areas
This wouldl require coding on your part (pull request welcome).
Please send me a sample input if you cannot get polyconvert to run.

regards,
Jakob