Dear Anton

Regarding the use of the Schmoyer sundial in the Southern hemisphere:
There are no markings cast-in on the sundial castings except for the
name of Richard L. Schmoyer on the backside of the gnomon and a motto
around the perimeter of the casting for the large base of the dial.
The markings could therefore be placed in reverse order by an owner in
the Southern hemisphere. I believe that the gnomon could then be placed
upside-down in the latitude crescent to make the dial correct. Someone
please correct me if this is wrong. Thinking about this one makes me a
little dizzy!