Hi Dave

The gnomon for the Schmoyer dial is asymmetric East-to-West in the
same way that the analemma is. When the gnomon is inverted, East
and West are interchanged but they are on the equatorial crescent also.
Since the time scale is flipped along with the East-West flip of the
gnomon, the inverted gnomon should give the proper EOT correction.