Tom  Semadeni ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hi Jim^2,    [Sorry, couldn't resist.]

> Aren't we trying to lay out marks FROM a computer screen or a piece
> of paper TO the real thing on the ground?  So aren't we trying to
> FIND the radii of the "distance circles" GIVEN the coordinates of
> the target point and the location of the second reference point that
> Ron refers to?  That being the case here are my calcs using Ron
> Anthony's A and B when he first surfaced this two reference point
> approach on Tue, 25 May 1999 14:17:32 -0700 , after he awoke from
> his semi-sleep!  ;-)

You are correct.  However, someone (John Carmichael perhaps?) posed
the inverse problem, and that is what Jim and I answered.

Jim
| Jim Cobb          | 540 Arapeen Dr. #100 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
| Parametric        | Salt Lake City, UT   |     (801)-588-4632 |
|  Technology Corp. |           84108-1202 | Fax (801)-588-4650 |
If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the mathematics.
                -- Francis Bacon