-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thierry van
Steenberghe
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 5:58 AM
To: sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de; Tom Kreyche
Subject: Re: Time Museum Auction

Tom Kreyche wrote:

> There is an article in the NY Times today (Page B38 in my edition)
> about Seth Atwood and the (now defunct) TimeMuseum. According to the
> article, Mr. Atwood is ".now going back to Sotheby's. He is selling an
> additional 218 pieces from his collection on Wednesday, in an auction
> titled 'Masterpieces From the Time Museum, Part II.' "
>
> The collection is on Sotheby's web site but doesn't appear to have any
> dials or non-mechanized astronomical instruments.
>
> BTW if you haven't seen one of the books published by the TimeMuseum,
> "Time Measuring Instruments, Astrolabes, Astrolabe Related
> Instruments" by A.J. Turner, it's a real treat.
>
> Tom Kreyche

Dear Tom,

I do own a copy of the marvelous "Western Astrolabes" book published by
the Time Museum.
I wonder whether other books of the series have been published or
prepared (and if they will be published eventually?), e.g. the one
planned since years about sundials?
The plan supposedly was to publish a whole series as a museum catalogue.

Any info appreciated!

Best regards,
Thierry vs
50.5N 4.3E