A small addition

If we have a horizontal sundial we cannot use the method that I have
described yesterday.

In this case, however, the point where the Modern hour  line HMOD and the
Italic hour line     HIT=2 HMOD cross  the " horizon line" becomes a “point
to infinity” (I hope  that this is the mathematical term in English :-)  ) ,
that is  a direction.

Therefore the modern hour line   HMOD is parallel to the   Italic hour line
 HIT = 2 HMOD and to the   Babylonian one  HBAB=24-2HMOD

Gianni  Ferrari

P.S. I am completely in agreement with Frank on the difficulties that the
method (simple)   can introduce: as often   happens, the   things
theoretically simple  become  difficult in the practice .

--
Mail to :  gfme...@gmail.com
Lat.    44;38,18.5N