Chris Lusby Taylor,

has very kindly written me that in my first Email *“How trace the italic
hour lines”  *I have made an error: it’s true!

The error is   serious enough  and I thank Chris and  apologize to all L

 I wrote

*Also for each point of the line of horizon (on the sundial)  pass one hour
line with Modern  , one with Italic   AND  one with Babylonian hours.*

But, as  Chris writes, *there is no point on the horizon common to both an
Italian and to Babylonian hour line.  *
The correct sentence had to be
*pass one hour  line with Modern  , one with Italic   OR  one with
Babylonian hours.*

* *

When F <12 (or HMod<12)  the  modern hour line intersects the horizon in a
point  that is West of the meridian line  and where also the Italic line
I=2F passes.

When F >12 (or HMod>12)  the  modern hour line intersects the horizon in a
point  that is East of the meridian line  and where also the Babylonian line
B=2F-24  passes.

So  the line B=2 crosses the line of the horizon for F=13 and NOT for F=11,
as I have written.

Best wishes

Gianni
-