Hi David:

I doubt anyone can "get rich" by making sundials, but I could be wrong.

One big reason for this is that by their very nature, good sundials can't be
mass-produced.  Every good sundial must be custom-designed and made.  So
every good dial has a high cost and must be sold at a higher price than
mass-produced dials to cover costs.

It's been my experience that homeowners, schools and parks are the biggest
customers- in that order.  They want dials that keep time and that look
good.  You MUST combine art and science.

Make what you know how to make, and have fun doing it, or you will never be
successful!

my two cents worth...

Good luck,

John

John L. Carmichael
Sundial Sculptures
925 E. Foothills Dr.
Tucson AZ 85718-4716
USA
Tel: 520-6961709
Email: jlcarmich...@comcast.net

My Websites:
(business) Sundial Sculptures: http://www.sundialsculptures.com
(educational) Chinook Trail Sundial:
http://advanceassociates.com/Sundials/COSprings/
(educational) Earth & Sky Equatorial Sundial:
http://advanceassociates.com/Sundials/Earth-Sky_Dial/
(educational) Gnomons, Styles & Nodi:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1207180@N23/
(educational) My Painted Wall Sundial:
http://www.advanceassociates.com/WallDial
(educational) Painted Wall Sundials:
http://advanceassociates.com/WallDial/PWS_Home.html
(educational) Stained Glass Sundials: http://www.stainedglasssundials.com
(educational) Sundial Cupolas, Towers & Chimneys:
http://StainedGlassSundials.com/CupolaSundial/index.html