Michael,

For sure.

I simply ignored the possibility of Babylonian Hours because I personally don't think they have much practical use (to the extent that any sundial has practical use these days). For a dial showing hours to sunset, on the other hand, I do see some hint of practical use. It will tell me if I have time to mow the lawn or finish painting the fence before it gets dark, and so on. As well, for observers of some religions, a sunset dial could be used to know approximately how much time is left until, for example, the Sabbath starts or until a daytime fast can be broken.

Steve

On 2020-04-22 5:52 a.m., Michael Ossipoff wrote:
Because the dial is a translucent-double one, with gnomons on both sides of the dial-plate, it would tell time all day, and so it could give Babylonian-hours in addition to co-Italian hours.

On a single dial, with everything on the same dial-face, it would avoid clutter to show Babylonian hours only in the morning, and co-Italian hours only in the evening. But, with the very wide hole in the wall, there's easily room for 3 dials, with one exclusively for Babylonian and co-Italian, and so it wouldn't be cluttered to show both for all day.