a little more info, I mentioned that I have iTunes version 6.01 loaded on both
machines
I don't have them running simultanously ... just wanted to point that out ...
the other thing
is when I do launch iTunes on my quicksilver with "itunes sharing enabled" it
does in fact
appear in the "source" list .. so indeed the S900 and the quicksilver are
"talking" this is
really confusing now!

regards, Phillip