Thanks Nancy, I found this little app to accomplish, something I thought was
simple ... "remotely controlling iTunes from
another computer on a network thru an IP address" the function of TuneConnect.
But for some reason, my quicksilver - thru
tuneconnect didn't "see" the S900?  but the quicksilver does see the S900
because thru "sharing in iTunes" my music library and
ipod are visible and functioning.

My further attempts at launching TuneConnect (a script) have failed, I'm still
puzzled - but I have since "looking for a
troubleshooting method" run across other such programs that accomplish the same
thing. I'm going to put this aside for
awhile and clear my head.

The S900 was functioning well as my "music server" a large drive and a KVM to
control function & content, I just wanted something a
little easier to work with! regards, Phillip