It must be finding it to run because all my separate in-boxes for mail and filters to them are there and working along with my bookmarks and passwords in Navigator. 1.1.18 by itself in running great it just doesn't show a named profile in profile manager.and now I've sort of run into another problem with 2.0. Someone suggested that I reinstall 2.0 to another separate directory so I did. Now I'm trying to uninstall 2.0 so I go to control panel>add/remove programs where I only find one installation of 2.0 I click remove and it goes through the uninstall process but it only removed the original install of 2.0 and even after a reboot there is no listing of the second install in add/remove. I've looked through most of the directories of 2.0 for an uninstall program but cannot find any, so how do i remove the second install of 2.0? One other thing I just remembered, awhile back I had a malware problem and in getting rid of it I deleted some needed files for the system to boot-up correctly so I installed a fresh copy of XP over itself which created a new user profile for Windows, could this be part of my problem.

Martin Freitag wrote:
William Morrison schrieb:
OK, I did what you suggested and reinstalled 1.1.18 over itself and all
is still good with it and installed 2.0 to a new directory named
Seamonkey2.0. Now here's where it get interesting, I checked the profile
manager in 1.1.18 and it list no profile

That dosn't sound promising. If SM1.1.18 doesn't find it's own profile,
SM2 profile migration wizard probably fails on that, too.

and if I try to create a new
one 1.1.18 opens as if it is a new install i.e. no bookmarks, no email,

Well that's normal and what a new profile is supposed to be ;-)

so I check profile manager in 2.0 and it shows a profile named "Default
User2", that's one I had created from the previous install of 2.0 but
when I do a search with Windows search using just the keyword "Default"
it finds every other occurrence of the word default except that one on
any of the four hard drives I have on this computer. This is really
getting confusing!!!!

That's stupid XP, its search commonly excludes important folders. Make
sure you have the following checkboxes enabled:
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/558/xpsearch.png
Maybe you want to search for "Seamonkey" instead of "default" to not get
so many results.
After you succeed fel free to delete all unnecessary profiles and start
again.
If everything fails again, you could also create your mail-accounts in
the new SM2 profile, then exit SM2 and copy your bookmarks.html and
inbox/sent/... files over the new and empty SM2 ones from your old profile.

I think I might just do like some of the others
have said and stay with 1.1.18 until the next version of Seamonkey comes

I doubt that this will correct your already existing profile issue, sry.

out unless it requires me to install 2.0 before I can upgrade to
anything newer and if that happens I might as well switch back to
Eudora, I've had people tell me it just laughs at viruses because it
can't open them and just deletes them.
executable files are being executed by the user and the operating
system, brain1.0.exe mainly helps to not click on unwanted attachments ;-)

--
Big Bill
Massillon, Oh USA