With patience akin to a cat's, Ant, on 11/28/2009 6:23 PM typed:
On 11/28/2009 3:32 PM PT, D. K. Kraft typed:

Ant, I haven't sent Jeremy Gillick, the author of this extension, an
e-mail yet, to ask if he'd officially update it for SM 2. But I intend
to, and encourage you to do so as well. The more users that inquire, the
more incentive he'll have to make the update. There's a contact link at
his website that you have already noted above.

Good idea. If that fails, then maybe someone can code one and open source it?

Unfortunately, we may be looking at this situation, or a user hack of the
extension as it stands.  Jeremy's e-mail address, jer...@mozmonkey.com,
doesn't ping, and logically, the e-mail I sent to that address has been
undeliverable.  The post I made to the mozdev newsgroups for TinyURL has
also gone unanswered.  It appears the creator has abandoned his extensions,
even though his website remains accessible.

If any extension developer would be willing to look at TinyURL Creator and
at least give instructions so users could successfully hack the install.rdf,
individual users could then at least get the extension working with SM 2
without switching off the compatibility check.

Perhaps a post in the Mozillazine forums would be constructive...
--
     /\ /\                       | "Even if you have just destroyed a
     ^o o^    D.K. "Cat" Kraft   |  Ming vase, purr.  Usually all will