dominique wrote:
Philip Chee wrote, On 12/8/2009 10:31 AM:
And then write up a cogent summary of why the mini buttons are wrong,
wrong, wrong. Almost all the SeaMonkey developers are actually against
the mini buttons. The only person in favour of the mini buttons is,
unfortunately, KaiRo, the project co-ordinator.

Until now all we have is 100% negative feedback from our users
(dismissed by KaiRo as "I'm right, everyone else is wrong") and
anecdotal evidence from the other developers.

adding a (very...) small percentage of the many people that DO NOT express their opinion often and DO NOT jump up to any protest, I find: - Seamonkey 2.0 as a whole a pretty good and efficient product, for me, my personal and professional use.
- The download manager with its small buttons not an annoyance at all.
- The migration process working "mostly" (although I advise from time to time to redo your SM profile, in order to start from a clean state (specially after adding or removing many add-ons, extensions and doing changes to the defaults...).

Hope this voicing of a SM user who is 99% satisfied helps re-balance the "strong" voicing we tend to see a bit too much here....

Keep cool all...........

Dominique

1) Do you primarily use a laptop?

2) If not, do you primarily use a mouse as a pointing device?

Most of the "problems" I've had with 2.0 are interface problems and not functional problems - both on my laptop and on my desktop...but they are REALLY annoying problems.

--
     - Rufus