On 12/18/2009 11:19 AM, SCShot wrote:
> On Dec 16, 10:59 am, Mark Hansen <m...@nospamwinfirst.com> wrote:
>> On 12/16/2009 10:20 AM, Jens Hatlak wrote:
>>

>> > SCShot wrote:

[ snip ]

>> > From a MailNews window, choose Edit/Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings,
>> > choose Server Settings below your server and change the path in the last
>> > text box.
>>
>> Are you sure that is what the OP wants? It sounds to me like a migration
>> of the mail content from his previous version is in order.
>
> Thanks for the info!  I'm not a power user but know enough to follow
> directions.  Sound like it is code setting that need to be edited.
> "signon.startup.prompt to false in
>> about:config."  Is there a file in the SeaMonkey directory that I need to
>> edit?  Also "OP" = ?  Operating System?

OP means Original Post/Poster. It refers to you (or your original post).

> The email it is picking up is from 2008 and I do not know how the
> current email is in a different space, other than it might be from I
> stated using SM.

Assuming you use a standard POP e-mail service, where the e-mail
messages are downloaded to your computer (rather than maintained on
the server, as in IMAP), your e-mail messages are maintained in your
SeaMonkey "Profile". The Profile is the location on your computer where
SeaMonkey maintains all the user data (e-mail, settings, passwords, etc.)

You mentioned that you are using SeaMonkey 2.0 now, but not what you
were using before. Were you using an earlier version of SeaMonkey or
some other tool?

Depending on that, SeaMonkey 2.0 should have offered to migrate your
previous settings into a new SeaMonkey 2.X profile, leaving your
original profile untouched.

Some more information from you will be needed before anyone will be
able to provide help suited for your circumstances.

Best Regards,