Thanks, all good answers and offer me an easy way to deal with my problem. I will go with just leaving it be. So, how do I stop SM from opening the old account first when I open SM?

Thanks,
Ed

MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 1/1/2010 17:21, OldTimer told the world:
I'm running SM 2.0.1 on Win XP SP2.  In the accounts panel on the left
side of the SM main screen, I have 2 accounts with many folders:   1)an
old account with an ISP I'm going to close (it's dial-up). and 2) a new
account (DSL) with some similar and some different folders from the old
account.

As mail senders began using my new address, I set up new folders.  I
don't have all the same folders and I don't have all the folders that
are in my old account and I have new ones that aren't in the old account.

I want to merge/transfer? all my old mail messages to my new account,
delete my old account and ensure that the address book is retained.

Is there an quick way to do this?  I discovered that I could drag mail
messages from the old account to the new - but this would be tedious
even if I could transfer whole folders (I'm haven't tried this yet).

Is the old account a POP account? If so, you don't really have to do
anything, you can keep the folder as they are right now -- just go to
the account settings and disable all the "check mail" options instead of
removing the account, so Seamonkey won't keep bothering you with error
messages.

If you really wish to move the message folders from one account to
another, you might try this:

1. Close Seamonkey (very important)
2. Locate your profile folder: in XP, it's probably
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[random string].default\
3. You will find a "mail" subfolder and, within it, more subfolders
named after your mail&  news accounts.
4. Just move the files you will find within to the new place you wish
them to be, in the folder for your new DSL account. Some notes:
- You don't really have to move the small files with .msf extension;
Seamonkey will recreate them automatically the first time you open the
folder.
- File folders named<something>.sbd hold the archives to the mail
folders contained within mail folder<something>. For instance, if you
have a subfolder for<inbox>  named<oldstuff>, then you will find: a
file called inbox, a folder called inbox.sbd, and a file called oldstuff
inside the folder inbox.sbd.
- You can rename files. However, if they have a corresponding folder, be
careful to rename both the same way.
5. Open Seamonkey: the folders will be found in their new places.

If it's an IMAP account, though, you probably should create new folders
-- either in the "Local folders" pseudo-account or in a "phantom"
account -- and copy/move the messages there -- manually. It's a lot of a
work, sure. But IMAP stores the messages in your ISP's computer, and
Seamonkey keeps just a local cache to speed up access -- which may or
may not be complete.

The Seamonkey address book is global (not linked to individual
accounts), so you don't have to do anything.