On 1/13/2010 1:56 PM, Claus wrote:
> On 13 Jan., 18:08, "S. Beaulieu" <seree...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> Mark Hansen a crit :
>>
>> > Hmmm, I'm not sure I would trust Microsoft when it claims a non-IE
>> > browser application is incompatible with its operating system.
>>
>> Good point!
>>
>> S.
> Yes, in general you might be right. But according to Windows 7
> Professional, my previous version of SeaMonkey (very likely 1.8) was
> compatible with Windows 7 Professional, whilst the new version seems
> to be incompatible, at least according to my configuration. And the
> only thing which I have changed in the meantime is the version of
> SeaMonkey. I still use the same version of my operating system and of
> my anti virus.
>
> Anyway, what could I do to get again access to my e-mail folders...?
> Should I download the new or the old version and install it in the
> same folder the update programme tried to use? Should I install a
> completely new version and try to import my old e-mail folders from
> somewhere on my HD...?
>
> Thanks for any valuable hint!
> Claus

Claus,

  I would not trust Microsoft when they say the software is not compatible
with their system, regardless of what was said about previous versions (I
believe you meant SeaMonkey 1.1.18).

  I would go to the SeaMonkey downloads site and see what version they claim
works on your system. They would know, as they built it.

  As far as how to upgrade, I would do the following:

1. Re-install SeaMonkey 1.1.18 on your system and make sure you have access
to your e-mail, etc. This is a priority. You want to make sure that you still
have everything and that it is all working.

2. Download the new version of SeaMonkey 2.X and install it. The default
installation location for SeaMonkey 2.X is different than the default
installation location for SeaMonkey 1.1.X, but in any case, don't install
the 2.X version in the same directory you installed the 1.1.X version.

  Then, you can deal with migrating your existing SM 1.1.X profile to your
new SM 2.X profile location. I'll leave that as a topic for someone that's
gone through it.

Best Regards,