Phillip Jones wrote:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
Rufus:

...heh...us former DOS 1.0 users and FORTRAN coders get the concept, but
actually use the Terminal window?..nahhh...not without guidance from
above and beyond...

Interesting. On my Linux with only icewm and no desktop i would be lost
without xterm. And lots of it. *g*

Hartmut
That's the thing. You'd be lost without xterm (Terminal for Linux) is because your use to it. On Mac system while the actual system used is FreeBSD UNIX the Apple Mac Interface does all the UNIX commands and the UNIX is hidden. This was by design. Apple wanted the users to not worry fiddling a futzing with the system. And just be able to get work done with the least amount of worry The way system really ought to be. It silly to have to type a command line in a modern system just to get to something that previously you had a menu choice for.

I don't know what all this fascination with using command line stuff to do work. My goodness you were doing that in 1982 and 27 years later you still want to fiddle with command line. I don't find anything geeky, nerdy about it just old and out of fashion.

..."user" vise "tweeker"...yeah - I'm firmly in the user camp - make it work, don't make me tweek it. I can get more done that way.

--
     - Rufus