Phillip Jones wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
On 1/23/2010 5:27 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
That is not true. I use message filters on news groups and do not
have them set for off-line use.
Unless things have improved in SM 2.0 in previous versions filters were
useless on newsgroups (won't even set post to be marked as read.)
And at
one time when people asked about it we were told that filters don't
work in News.

That is not true. I'm using SM 1.1.16 at the moment, but I've been using
filters for News for years.

I don't know what he was told or misunderstood, but I'm using 2.02 now,
and I've never had any version of SM mail or newsgroup filters to fail
for me.

SM lacked the ability to filter cross-postings for a long awhile, but we
even have that feature now.
There is something lacking in communication here it seems.
bj

I never could get filtering working in SM 1.1.8. I kept trying as I
upgraded from version to version. I realize you can only set to mark as
read (if you don't download for reading later). Never did get working. I
haven't tried in 2.0 SM as I haven't had the need.

Same for me, i am unable to get filter working - i just test one last  case:

The people saying that "it works for newsgroup" would ne kind to post here their filters-parameters, so i can test ...