Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
On 1/23/2010 2:22 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
I am under WindowsXP SP3 with SM2.0.2
Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20100104 NOT Firefox/3.5 SeaMonkey/2.0.2

For a newsgroup, i have positionned to "Mark As Read"
Applying filter when: "Checking Mail or Manually Run"
"Match any of the following":
From contains j...@lion.org
From contains j...@lion.org
From contains jmB<"jmB"@lion.org>
From contains jmB<"jmB"@Lion.org>

And the posts are still marked as "Not Read"

Any idea to solve this issue ?

Perhaps the "Message filters" works only if the newsgroup have the
option"Select this newsgroup for offline use" set ?

Could someone confirm ?

That is not true. I use message filters on news groups and do not
have them set for off-line use.
Unless things have improved in SM 2.0 in previous versions filters were
useless on newsgroups (won't even set post to be marked as read.) And at
one time when people asked about it we were told that filters don't work
in News.

Phillip, I used filters extensively on my Usenet groups to get rid of
"spam" type messages that had been posted to multiple groups (SM on
Win98, though I don't think it mattered).

All I could say was "WFM"

Daniel

Could you post all the parameters for one filter that work ?
I still cannot succeed.

Here is a filter to mark posts as read from a particularly problematic user.

Name of filter is his email address.

Apply filter when, Checking Mail or Manually run is selected.

Match all the following is selected.

From      is        (email address) all selecetd an filled in.

Perform this action,  Mark as Read is selected.

The filter performs exactly as advertised.

I have numerous other filters that also behave as intended.

Lee