Robert Kaiser wrote:
NoOp schrieb:
Really? And early versions of Netscape were just simple browsers?
I still have both Mosaic and Netscape on disk, including a version of
the first Netscape w/support license. I suppose I could pull it out of
the archives (shelf) and check it, but I seem to recall that it included
an email client.

Very early versions were browser-only for sure, but I can't exactly tell
which version was the first to have a mail client. I heard it was some
3.x version, but I wasn't around at that time.

Robert Kaiser
Before 3.0.1 (not .a Gold) it was just a Browser.

Funny thing when they went to Communicator series someone go the bright idea to come out with a Browser only version (I even tried it). I fell flat as Pancake. there was such little support for it it was pulled after that one time. (believe it was version 4.5 series).

I t was designed with corporations in mind. But even the corporations wouldn't touch it. They missed the all in one.

Funny how things change. everyone now has to emulate Internet Explorer to keep up. (Not necessarily the way it works under the hood.)

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com