Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:

Beverly Howard wrote:
>> My experience with SM (1.x) is that deleted unread messages appear
in the specified trash folder as unread messages. <<

I know it works in 1.x but this thread is about 2.04. See the first
message.

sorry, but a related question that I have to ask...

how are you selecting the "unread" message?

obviously, if you click the header, then delete the message, it will
have been "read" before deletion.

Beverly Howard

One of two ways: select the Inbox and then move the cursor up and down
to any "unread" message and then press the "Del" key on the key board.
The other way is to right click the selected "unread" mesage and then
select "Delete Message" from the drop down. Neither of these will
transfer the message to the Trash folder and leave as "unread" in SM
2.04. I know it works in SM 1.x but I got rid of that some time ago.

In version 1, if you have the message pane open when you select a
message, selecting it will display it and mark it as read. You can
toggle it back to unread by pressing "m" (case sensitive). But to save
yourself the trouble, hide the message pane and the program won't
display the message or change the marking. When you're done with
housekeeping, restore the message pane and go on about your business.

Does the same hold for version 2?

Paul, I'm test driving SM 2.1a2 on Mandriva Linux.

I just received a bit of spam in my mail account so, before actually selecting the email, I hide the message pane, then selected the message and deleted it. It then showed up in the Trash as read.

HTH

Daniel