Phillip Jones wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:..

either that or SM and FireFox is going to have to implement an IE style
Self-healing process. The Mozilla community has been dying for ages to
emulate IE any way.

What is a browser self-healing process??

In IE they have code that allow IE to guess at missing tags in html code.

suppose you you have a line you forget the opening closing tag lets give
it finds the </head> Ie will assume where the beginning of the line
should be and supply it. it will over look spellings. In other words you
can either a careless coder, a 5 year old, child, or a Monkey to design
a website. As long as some semblance of correct code can be found IE
will supply the missing information. That way. it doesn't make any
difference how the code is written or has obivous errors IE over look
the error.

Where the proper way should be if so mus as a missing <, / [, } missing
the site should bomb is should show anything. And won't show anything
until every period space, characters are in the proper place.

They tell me that <br> is actually such a code that is honored by all
browsers but "they say" it "should be" </br>.

That self-healing is a classic case of "why jam 'standards' down the user"
if we can save them from the s/w developer's errors.