Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>I would praise any browser that coped well with coding errors.

...except that's not what's happening with Internet Exploder.
If you shoot at a blank wall
then draw concentric circles around your best grouping,
it doesn't make you a sharpshooter.

>JeffM wrote:
>>Clueless. Internet Exploder was designed to BREAK the 'Net.
>>
>Insults will not advance your cause

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

>I don't see how "breaking the Net" serves them.
>If the Net fails, how will people use their browser?

Simple.  They made sure the remaining shards fit *their* junk.
You have to understand that M$ sees the world as a demolition derby
where there can be only one winner.

>I was talking about how browsers cope with coding errors.

...in the same way that
motorcycles "cope" with brick walls in the middle of the road.
They're not supposed to be there.
If you start with a valid premise, the answers are simple.

>In a real world made up of fallible human beings,
>there will be coding errors.

In a world full of bozos who don't know how to do their jobs
and other boss nincompoops who don't know the difference
between shoddy work and minimally-acceptable work,
--yet are paying for that shoddy work--
yes, there will be lots of "coding errors".

I mentioned plumbers, electricians, and licenses.
That should be a clue for what I think of as a starting point.
(The gal that does your wife's nails had to pass a test,
ferchrisake.)

>If your browser punishes the user for those errors
>by denying access to the content, it isn't serving the user,

...and if your motorcycle ran off the road and slammed into a wall
because the bozos that built the bike did that wrong,
you'd sue them for everything they were worth.

I hate sloppy work
and I don't think much of apologists for sloppy work.

>There are certain websites that I need to use on a regular basis,
>and they only display in Internet Exploiter.

...then **USE** IE.
...or find another vendor.
You seem to have a problem with the concept of "ground rules".
http://google.com/search?q=define:ground-rules

>>[...]ignorant people[...]
>>
>[...]when a webmaster inadvertently makes a coding error

If he was doing his job **properly**,
he would have **validated** his code.
If his employer had been doing HIS job properly,
HE would have spotted any validation errors
--and the guy making the mistakes wouldn't have gotten paid.
In a world where money has become the end-all and be-all,
the answer is quite obvious.
DON'T PAY FOR POOR PERFORMANCE.

...and stop patronizing those with bad business models.
...and let them KNOW you are going elsewhere--and WHY.