Georg Maaß wrote:

> there is so much spam in the mozilla news groups (i.e. XPCOM, XUL and
> DOM). How can I tell SeaMonkey to filter this spam away (at least
> mark it as read).
>
> Filters seem not to work for news groups (i.e. I'm missing the run
> now button known from the eMail filters).

Nearly all the spam comes from Google Groups. Filter on the Message-ID
containing "googlegroups.com"

Marking individual posts never works (for email or news) as the spammers
use a different user ID (email address) for each message. You just end
up with a huge list of never-to-be-used-again filters.

--
   -bts