Arnie Goetchius wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Arnie Goetchius wrote:
>>> However, I still get "incompatible" browser error message when
>>> logging into http://adwords.google.com with SM 2.1. No error
>>> message if I log in with FF 3.6
>>
>> I get 404s for both of those 'adwords' URLs ... no error, just missing.
>
> Should have been:
> http://adcenter.microsoft.com
> https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=adwords
> Sorry for my error. sigh

Ah, thanks. I see what you mean with the Microsloth site. Setting my UA
to any of Ipod, Iphone, Iceweasel, Firefox Linux, multiple Operas
including Opera Mobile, and my favorite Borgzilla, I am rejected. Works
fine as any IE version... but then it is a Microsloth site. I had no
problem with the Google site with any of the above UAs.

Since that MS site is looking for advertisers/revenue, I am truly
confused why they even care about what browser the prospective spender
of money would be using. Oh wait .. it's Microsloth.

My Borgzilla is humor:
Borgzilla/31.0 (X11;U;Linux i686;en-US;rv:31.0) Resistance is futile

>> Personally, I can't see any advantage to a browser utility that sends
>> some kind of error message to a web site. There are sooooo many broken
>> sites out there that (if this reporting thingy became popular)
>> webmasters would start directing all such messages to dev/null. I can
>> envision users-without-clue sending hundreds/thousands of these reports
>> and possibly causing the site authors to ban access by those browsers.
>
> Good point. There are enough of us without a clue to not add any more ;)

I'd consider you to be in the Have Clue category, Arnie.  <g>

--
   -bts