L. Mark Hall wrote:
Doesn't your router software have release/renew? I can just log into
mine and get a new IP.

FWIW, Comcast cable modem in the Atlanta, GA area. I've had only a few IP addresses over the last few years. The modem has been power cycled several times but most times, even after many minutes of down-time, when it comes back up I've still got the same IP. I don't much care and wouldn't even know except that I use VNC to provide remote support to some friends which requires my knowing my WAN IP to configure the connection. I've been surprised now INfrequently I've needed to reconfigure the app for a new IP addy over several years.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/