On Saturday, February 12, 2011 02:37:59 AM Daniel wrote:
> upscope wrote:
> > SeaMonkey 2.0.11 (Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux
x86_64;
> > en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101124 SUSE/2.0.11-0.2.1
SeaMonkey/2.0.11)

> > opensuse 11.3
> >
> > 1) First I figured out how to create a mailing list and they
appear
> > under personal Addressbook. I also have a collected addressbook.
What In
> > need is a seperate address book for my mailing lists such as:
> >      Personal addressbook (contains all addresses of personal
nature).
> >      Collected addressbook to act as holding area for new
addresses
> >      Then one called Lions maill mailing lists, etc associated
with the
> > Lions club.
> >

> upscope, do you want a totally separate addressbook for your Lions
club
> addresses, or would a list within the main addressbook do the job,
e.g:-

> *Personal addressbook*
> alf...@yahoo.com
> bo...@gmail.com
> cou...@google.com
> d...@yahoo.com
> edw...@gmail.com
> jag...@gmail.com
> LionsClub
>       cou...@google.com
>       jag...@gmail.com
>       ti...@gmail.com
> ti...@gmail.com
>
> This is easily done, setting up a totally separate addressbook, is
not
> real difficult, but may not really be necessary.
>
> > How do i set up this third address book and the sub folders in it.
> > searched the help screens and on the mailing list archieve but did
not
> > see a way to do it. Looking at this as an option to Kmail.
> >
> > 2) how do i get seamoney to retain the changes I make to the font
size
> > settings? I changed them to be larger un appearance but there back
small
> > again as in this email. My old eyes cannot read this small of
font.

> Go to Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Fonts and set yourself a larger
> Minimum Font size.
>
> > 3) I tried to change a folder under local folders from packman to
> > Packman but it kept saying "folder already exists". Is this
because
> > seamonkey is designed for MS and does not reconize case
sensitivety.

> Not at all sure about this one, but could it mean that you need to
> change the Name of the actual file in the operating system, as well
as
> the name with-in SeaMonkey.
>
> > Thanks for any ways to do this or documentation on doing it.
> >

> HTH
>
> Daniel

Thanks for the reply. I want a separate Addressbook because I use
these lions lists as distribution lists and when I tried creating them
with them under the personal addressbook all I got was the list name a
a failure sending because the members of the list were not put into
the message.

Hope that makes sense.
--
Russ